all studios will be open ten / fifteen minutes before class begins. this is not to say you must show up this early, but feel a warm welcome to join us in stretching, chilling, relaxing + tea drinking. SoBa will not rush you out the door - feel free to relax + stretch to ease back into your day.
whatever you are able to comfortably move in! the unspoken dress code is (of course) activewear, as you will see faster results in your flexibility this way. we are not strict on socks or no socks, it is completely up to you. however, all shoes are to be left at the door.
we’ll have all the equipment you’ll need there at the studio, so just bring a bottle of water, a sweat towel if you like + some positive vibes.
for the duration of the class, your personal life will melt away as you plunge into this fun workout set to motivating music. your teacher will set up the exercises + then circulate the room, correcting form to help you get the most out of your time.
we strive to make our studios a place where everyone will feel comfortable. SoBa is a gender, shape, size + age neutral studio. as long as you can hold on to the ballet barre + lay on a mat, you’re a part of our community! no dancing experience is required. while the barre technique is high intensity, it is very low impact, meaning you’ll get a great workout without putting excessive stress on your joints. barre and mat classes are one of the fastest, most effective ways to change the shape of your body. clients typically see the best results when they take 4-5 classes per week. barre classic, mat pilates + mat stretch classes are perfect for fresh SoBa creatures.
yes, we have a shower + bathroom facilities available for you to use before, or after class.
- kindly arrive early, it is a disturbance to the class flow when you enter late.
- please remove your shoes before entering the studio.
- please wipe your own mat + place equipment back neatly after class
- do your best to stay on the mat. guided relaxation helps your nervous system absorb the benefits of your practice. if you must leave early, please let the instructor know before class. it is our core value – be mindful, not mind-full.
- we are a phoneless studio. please ensure your silent phone is left behind in your basket + not brought to the barre or mat with you. this will help you focus on yourself, prioritise your workout + most importantly, allow your mind to reset. if you would like to instagram our studios, utilise the break between classes to fill your phone with a glorious #SoBaselfie.
- we can’t keep track of all your bling, or be responsible for your valuables. please leave all belongings in your basket.
- we are a cashless, paperless studio – all transactions may be completed in the studio with a debit or credit card.
- if you have a special circumstance, please let the instructor know before class begins.
- if life gets in the way + cancellation is a must, please do so at least three hours before your allocated class. a fee will incur within the three hour window, or if you simply do not attend.