All studios will be open fifteen minutes before class begins. This is not to say you must show up this early, but feel a warm welcome to join us in stretching, chilling, relaxing and tea drinking. SoBa will also be open for approx. thirty minutes after our last class, so feel free to ease back into reality.
Whatever you are able to comfortably move in! The unspoken dress code is (of course) active wear, as you will see faster results in your flexibility this way. We are not strict on socks or no socks, it is completely up to you. However all shoes are to be left outside.
We’ll have all the equipment you’ll need there at the studio, so just bring a bottle of water, a sweat towel if you like and a positive attitude!
For the duration of the class your personal life will melt away as you plunge into this fun workout set to motivating music. Your teacher will set up the exercises and then circulate the room, correcting form to help you get the most out of your time.
We strive to make our studios a place where everyone will feel comfortable. SoBa is a gender, shape, size and age neutral studio. As long as you can hold on to the ballet barre and/or lay on a mat, you’re a part of our community! No dancing experience is required. While the barre technique is high intensity, it is very low impact, meaning you’ll get a great workout without putting excessive stress on your joints. Barre and Mat classes are one of the fastest, most effective ways to change the shape of your body. Clients typically see the best results when they take 4-5 classes per week. barre classic, mat pilates and mat stretch classes are perfect for virgin soba beings.
Yes we have a shower and bathroom facilities available for you to use before, during or after class.
- Kindly arrive early, late-comers are not usually permitted.
- Please remove your shoes before entering the studio.
- Please wipe your own mat and place equipment back neatly after class
- Do your best to stay on the mat. Guided Relaxation helps your nervous system absorb the benefits of your practice. If there is a must, please let the instructor know before class. It is our core value – be mindful, not mind-full.
- We are a phoneless studio. Please ensure your silent phone is left behind in your basket and not brought in with you. This will help you focus on yourself, prioritise your workout and, most importantly, allow your mind to reset. If you would like to instagram our studios, utilise the break between classes to fill your phone with a glorious #sobaselfie.
- We can’t keep track of all your bling, or be responsible for your valuables. Please leave all belongings in your basket.
- We are a cashless, paperless studio – all transactions may be completed in the studio with a debit or credit card.
- If you have a special circumstance, please let the instructor know before class begins.
- If life gets in the way and cancellation is a must, please do so at least three hours before your allocated class. A fee will incur within the three hour window, or if you simply do not attend.